- Blindness or low vision;
- Hearing impairment;
- Locomotors disability or cerebral palsy. [includes all cases of Orthopedically handicapped persons]
Reservation is admissible only for those who suffer from not less than 40 per cent of relevant disability.
Benefit of reservation is admissible to an employee, who acquires disability after entering into service.
- For Direct Recruitment- Admissible for all Groups, viz, Group ‘A’, Group ‘B’, Group’ C’ and Group ‘D’.
- For promotion- admissible to Group ’D’ and Group ’C’ only in which the element of direct recruitment, if any, does not exceed 75 per cent.
- Promotion for Group ‘A’ and group ‘B’ Posts with disabilities against unreserved vacancies- while making promotion to a Group ‘A’ or Group ‘B’ post, identified suitable for persons with disability of a specific category, the person with disability of the relevant category in feeder grade, if any shall be considered by applying same criterion as applicable to other persons.
- Percentage of reservation-Three per cent @ 1% for each of the three categories. However, the reservation of 3% shall be equally distributed between persons with the categories of disabilities for whom the post has been identified suitable.
- Identification fo posts- More than 1000 jobs have been identified for appointment of these three categories.
- Calculation of the number of vacancies reserved- for Groups ‘C’; and ‘D’ total number of vacancies in a year will be calculated and the percentage worked out even though the vacancies include non-identified jobs. Reservation in Group ‘A’ or ‘B’ posts shall be computed on the basis of total number of vacancies occurring in direct recruitment quota in all the Group ‘A’ posts of Group ‘B’ post respectively in the cadre.
- Register – A separate 100 point register will be maintained by Heads of Department, divided into three blocks, i.e. 1-33, 34-66 and 67-100. Points 1, 34 and 67 to be earmarked for the three reserved categories. Candidates appointed as per these points should be placed in the appropriate category, viz. SC/ST/General, depending upon their category in the Reservation roster. After ascertaining the vacancies keeping in view the identified categories, the same procedure will be followed for promotion. For this purpose also, separate register will be maintained.
- Inter Se Exchange- If a candidate of a particular category is not available or if the nature of vacancy is such that a given category cannot be employed, the vacancy may be exchanged for a vacancy against another, among the 3 categories.
- Carry forward of reservation- Unfilled reserved vacancies will be carried forward to the next block in the same year first. Unfilled vacancies at the end of the year will be carried forward to the three subsequent years.
- Relaxation and concession-
- Age relaxation of 10 years (15 years of SC/ST and 13 year for OBC candidates) in upper age limit shall be allowed to persons suffering form (a) blindness or low vision (b) hearing impairment and (c) locomotor disability or cerebral palsy in case of direct recruitment to all civil p/services under the Central Government identified suitable to be held by person with such disabilities, subject to the condition that maximum age of the applicant on the crucial date shall not exceed 56 years.
- The age concession shall be admissible irrespective of the fact whether the post is reserved for person with disabilities or not, provided the post is identified suitable for the relevant category of disability. This provision will not apply to the Civil Service Examination, in respect of which the List of Services identified suitable for Physically Disabled Category along with the Physical Requirement and Functional Classifications is notified separately.
- Relaxation of age-limit would be permissible to such person who have a minimum of 40% disability.
- The definitions of above categories of disabilities, for the purpose of age relaxation, will be same as given in OM, dated 29-12-2005.
- If a person with disability is entitled to age concession by virtue of being a Central Government employee, concession to him/her will be admissible either as a ‘person with disability’ or as a Central Government employee’ whichever may be more beneficial to him/her. This provision will not apply to the Civil Service Examination, which is governed by the Civil Services Examination Rules, published annually.
- The above will not be applicable to a post/service for which other specific provision regarding age relaxation is made by notification.
- Fee- Candidates are exempted from examination fee/application fee for competitive examination and selection by UPSC/SSC for all posts.
- Standards in direct recruitment/promotion- same as for SC/ST ie. Those not in the merit list can also be considered if they are not found unfit. But no relaxation in promotion.
- Typing test- Those holding clerical posts, if certified by the Medical Board attached to the Employment Exchange for handicapped as unable to type are exempted from passing typing test.
- Earmarking one ‘Chair Caner’ post for blind- One of the Group ‘D’ post will be earmarked for appointment of ‘Chair Caner’ in all the Ministries/Departments. No minimum qualification, enough if the candidate knows caning.
- Transport Allowance- Admissible in lieu of Conveyance Allowance.
- Posting near native place- Handicapped candidates recruited to Group ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts on regional basis may be given posting, near their native places as far as possible, subject to administrative constraints. Requests for transfer to or near their native places may also be given preference in the case of physically handicapped employees in Group ‘A’, ‘B’, ‘C’ and ‘D’.
11-A. Additional Concessions/Facilities- In order to effectively discharge their duties, certain additional facilities such as identification of jobs, post recruitment and pre- promotion training, providing aids/ assistive devices, accessibility and barrier free environment at work place, preference in Government accommodation, transfer /posting, special casual leave, etc, have been provided to the employees.